Its main objectives are:
- development and popularization of contemporary photography in Ukraine, Post-Soviet countries and Eastern Europe;
- creating and preservation of the collection of Ukrainian and world photography;
- promotion and development of culture and education in the realm of photography;
- encouraging expansion of the information field around processes in contemporary photography;
- boosting formation of the photography market in Ukraine;
- establishing a fruitful cooperation with cultural institutions all over Ukraine (exhibition, technology, ideas and cultural exchange, working on collaborative projects, producing common solutions of issues and challenges);
- prompting international collaboration and European integration through cultural exchange;
- manage and resource support in the development of civic society, its institutes and organizations.
The museum will have its own independent exhibition space. The restoration project of the building is being developed by A44 Architecture & Design Studio from Lviv.
The building of the museum is located by the railways, in a place that looks deserted and industrial, but also expressive, which perfectly matches the mood of Kharkiv photography. Museum’s distinct and contemporary visual identity style was created by Molto Bureau design studio. The restoration works are planned to be finished by the end of 2019.
Starting from November 2018 a few rooms of the building 17, Lizy Chaikinoi Lane have already accommodated our team for the work on the project. Recently we have acquired technical equipment for the museum and furniture for storing big-size prints. We expect that in a few weeks we will be fully ready to welcome visitors wishing to see the archive and photobook collection or discuss photo-related topics.
PR and communication
Art gallery Come In